top of page

People are like music. Some speak truth, and others are just noise.

Stay in your lane, and watch the progression!

Today I want to encourage you to be completely dedicated to the gift that you know you have. So many times we get sidetracked and think that because someone is doing well at something, or we envy their success, that we would be great, doing what they do.

Now, if you have the same gift mix that is one thing, but more than likely, you don't, and I don't. It took me over 20 years of occupational work to find my career. I was good at what I did, and I enjoyed it 60% of the time, but the other 40% was spent going through the motions of the job, and although the end result was good, I did not enjoy it as much as you think I would have.

It took me 20 years to find my career, not only because of me, but also because of those that I allowed to speak into what they thought I was good at, rather than knowing. So many times we actually halt people from where they should be, because we either give them false praise, we may truly think we know them, or we just think that every ounce of what we give someone should be encouragement to chase after their dreams.

I saw it all to much when I was a concert promoter, I would have people hand me demos to give artists, or say Tug, you should book me for your upcoming show, or something similar. And now, in my profession as a realtor, I have tons of people see that this career could be lucrative, and say what does it take to get your real estate license?

Now don’t get me wrong, I love the ambitious people that are confident in who they could be, and some of them very well have the gift mix that it takes to either be a singer, promoter, or realtor, but if you understand both of these careers, it is not a mic that makes a singer, and it is not a license that makes a realtor. I mean, just because people have a license, does not mean they belong behind a wheel.

So this leads me to where we are in our personal thought process, on where as a parent, friend, professional, to help people find their gift mix completely, instead of simply saying, you should do it. How many times do we tell people what they want to hear, instead of what we know they should hear. If your child cannot sing (even though they enjoy it), and you encourage them to go try out for The Voice, don’t get mad when they show up on the blooper reel. If your child has no coordination whatsoever, and desires to play basketball as a junior, don’t get mad when they get cut. If you know that you do not have the people skills, love getting turned down, don’t have the ability to move quick, or take one deal that falls apart quickly and positively turn to the next, don’t get your real estate license.

Now, I am not your perfect agent, or your cookie cutter one, so to say, but I can tell you one thing, this is what I was looking for, for so long, and people say that you will get burned out after 6 months. 2 years in, I have as much drive to get up in the morning, get to the office, that I do not have to go to, and the numbers are consistently improving, while I desire to learn more.

So if you want honesty, and desire to push towards personal success, I would love to talk to you. I am not saying this for ego, but my goal in life is to help people find the real them, instead of what everyone thinks they should be. I promise honesty.

Thanks for listening, and I hope you find this as an encouragement, and not one that limits you! Tug Taviano, Realtor

Real Living CCR Realtors 419.236.3107

19 views0 comments


bottom of page